Wednesday 26 February 2014

Review: VULPINE Mid-Calf Merino Socks


I bought a pair of Vulpine's merino socks from Velovixen at the London Bike Show a few weeks ago.

Sure, I already own more than my fair share of merino socks -- by De Feet, Smartwool, dhb and Icebreaker. But knowing what I know about how Vulpine's merino clothing is just so much softer and silkier than those of other brands, I had to give these a try.

They are, in a word, wonderful. Taller than any other "mid-calf" socks (of merino or any other persuasion) so I have no issues with a potential gap forming between the socks and my knee warmers. The soles are slightly thicker than the rest of the sock, especially under the heels, which gives a nice cushion when walking. The narrow red and navy stripes are made of a finer, tighter knit and contribute to a bit of shaping and a sense of support around the calves and the arches.


I adore them and fully intend to get another pair, perhaps next time in the knee-high polka dot version!

* Any perceived asymmetry can be blamed on my feet and/or how I put the socks on, not on the socks themselves! I really should learn how to line up the stripes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This